Our 2020-2021 Social Skills Programs are up and running with group sizes limited to 2-4 students depending on the specific social skills group. Contact our office for current openings or to discuss your child’s needs with one of our Speech or Occupational therapists.
**Our number one priority is the safety of the clients we serve and the staff at Aspen therefore health screenings are completed prior to entering and a strict illness policy will be in place.**
The Aspen BUD program offers a variety of weekly social skills groups that focus on helping preschool and school age children develop social strategies, such as, making friends, participating in a group and using appropriate personal space. Our social skills groups use the Social Thinking Curriculum, Social Detective Series, the Zones of Regulation and the ALERT Programs. These groups are excellent opportunities to get your child using his or her communication and bodies to function in a group dynamic in a fun and interactive way. We offer a variety of social skills groups to fit your child’s social skills needs.
Social ROOTS Program
Play-based group for children (developmental ages 2-3) with needs in the area of play socialization.
- Turn taking
- Eye contact
- Using words and phrases to comment or request
- Functional and pretend toy play
- Identifying basic feelings and emotions
- Sharing and playing alongside others
Limited to a group of 2 children only and each child is seen for a portion of the session by both the Speech-Language Pathologist and Occupational therapist (billed to your insurance).
These groups are offered intermittently throughout the week based on staff schedules and pairing of children.
Curriculum-based group for children (developmental ages 3-4) with needs in the area of interactive play
- Initiating conversation
- Initiating and responding to joint attention
- Taking turns when speaking
- Engage in appropriate topics
- Identifying feelings and emotions in others
- Developing appropriate social language to use with peers
Currently enrolling for this class on Mondays and Wednesdays from 4-5
Curriculum-based group for children (developmental ages 5-7) with needs in the area of group interaction and executive functioning skills
- Initiating conversation and tasks
- Appropriately interacting with peers and adults
- Taking turns when speaking
- Topic maintenance
- Self Monitoring
- Problem solving
- Identifying, expressing and controlling emotions
- Impulse Control
- Planning and Prioritizing
- Working Memory and Attention
Currently enrolling for this class on Wednesdays from 4-5
*Since children develop at different rates and abilities regardless of age, personal screeners and “trial” visits will help determine which group is right for your child.
This offering may be billable to insurance as an occupational or speech therapy session. We would be happy to verify benefits for you.